- Welcomed a record 168,270 onsite visits, 30% free of charge.
- Brought engaging hands-on activities to 1,100 Head Start preschoolers and 250 school-age kids through after-school and summer programs at inner-city community centers, as part of its AmeriCorps program.
- Hosted over 1,400 low-income children and their family members at free Museum family nights.
- Conducted therapeutic visits for 438 children and parents in 152 court-separated families, as part of the Families Together program.
- Provided nearly 400 charitable memberships to low-income families.
- Engaged over 1,800 visitors with research by the Museum's academic collaborators in its Mind Lab.
- Welcomed 9,492 members in 2,077 families.
- And MUCH more!
All told, 46% of the Museum’s 2016 operating budget supported services for children and families in need.
Thank YOU for making this important work possible!