The Museum simply could not open its doors without the support of a committed team of incredible volunteers.
Did you know?
- In 2011, 247 dedicated volunteers served more than 12,000 hours.
- Museum volunteers include families, students, interns and community members.
- The Museum currently has 71 regular volunteers, who range in age from 2 to 70 years old!
“I volunteer here because I love working with kids. It’s fun to watch as they explore and learn new things, because all of them learn differently”
– Max Ribbans, Play Guide
“Whether they are playing a game, reading a story, or talking with other staff and volunteers, their smiles and their love for the Museum are contagious. I appreciate the joy volunteers bring to visitors and staff.”
– Julie Burkhard, Volunteer & AmeriCorps Coordinator
“The Museum couldn’t possibly do all it does without the willing hands and giving hearts of our volunteers.”
– Janice O’Donnell, Executive Director
If you'd like to volunteer at the Museum, there are many ways to get involved! Click here to learn more about the Museum’s volunteer program.